Upload Template to CRM does not function correctly with Microsoft Dynamics CRM when using Word 2003
This article provides resolutions for the issue that the Upload Template To CRM functionality doesn't work as expected when using Microsoft Office Word 2003 in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
Original KB number: 2718565
When using Microsoft Office 2003 Standard or Small Business Edition, the Upload Template To CRM functionality does not display the upload window and a user is unable to save the updated template in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Microsoft Office 2003 Standard and Small Business Edition does not support the custom XML schemas.
Upgrade your Microsoft Office 2003 to one of the releases below:
- Microsoft Office 2003 Professional Edition
- A stand-alone release of Microsoft Office Word 2003
- Microsoft Office 2007 or Microsoft Office 2010
Save the updated template file and upload to Microsoft Dynamics CRM:
In Microsoft Office Word:
- Point to File, and select Save As.
- From the Save as Type, select XML Document and type the name of the template.
In Microsoft Dynamics CRM:
- Point to Settings, select Business, and select Templates.
- Open the original template in the File Attachment section, and select Remove.
- To upload the updated file, select Browse and select the updated template from the saved location and select Open.
- Select Attach.
The updated template should appear in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. To verify, use the Edit Template button in Microsoft Office Word to open the template.