Using Microsoft Stream in Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Stream channels and videos can be added as a tab in Microsoft Teams, making it easy for your team to collaborate using video. This article shows how to add a Microsoft Stream tab to your team.
The permissions on the video or channel in Microsoft Stream will be respected in Microsoft Teams.
Get a channel or video URL from Microsoft Stream
- Sign in to the Microsoft Stream portal.
- Select the channel or video URL directly from the address bar or your browser on the channel or video page. You can also select the Share button on the desired video.
- Once you press Share, a dialog appears.
- Copy the URL.
Check out the how to share article to learn more.
Add a tab to Microsoft Teams
- Open Microsoft Teams.
- Select the plus icons on the tab bar of your Team channel.
- Select the Microsoft Stream tab.
- Paste the URL into the direct link section and select save.
Now you and your team can collaborate directly in Microsoft Teams. If you added a channel, simply click on any video to watch it in the Microsoft Stream tab.
See how Microsoft Stream works with other products.