Dynamics 365 results in Microsoft Search (Preview)
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a line of intelligent business applications designed for enterprise resource planning and customer relationship management. With Dynamics 365 results in Microsoft Search, users are able to easily find the most relevant customer and business data stored in Dynamics 365. The Dynamics 365 connector provides some key benefits:
- Easy to use: Users can easily and quickly find key information stored in Dynamics 365, without needing to navigate to a new app or page.
- Easy to find: Dynamics 365 content is visible to users in Bing.com, Office.com, and SharePoint.
- Built-in data protection: Dynamics 365 results will only appear for users that have access to the connected instance.
- Quick setup: Easy to configure and maintain the search connection to a Dynamics 365 instance.
- Unified search experience: To maintain a cohesive experience, Dynamics 365 results are consistent across all search entry points. Wherever you search, you'll get the same results with the same look and feel.
Our Dynamics 365 connector is currently in preview. If you're interested in joining the preview, let us know at aka.ms/D365-ACS-Preview-MicrosoftSearch.
Dynamics 365 answers appear in search results across all Microsoft Search canvases, including SharePoint Online, Bing, and Office.
From the answer, it's easy to see more Dynamics 365 search results by using the More Dynamics 365 results link. It takes users to a dedicated Dynamics 365 results page with more results relevant to their query.
Clicking or tapping any result opens Dynamics 365 and shows the detailed information.
No matter where your users start their search their experience will be consistent and enable them to quickly find the most relevant Dynamics 365 results. Check out our Microsoft Build 2021 video for a demonstration.
Supported query patterns
Users will see results on the dedicated Dynamics 365 and All verticals. Dynamics 365 searches on either vertical aren't case sensitive.
On the Dynamics 365 vertical, search supports the same language used in Dynamics 365 applications, including simple operators like AND, OR, and NOT. For more information, see Working with operators.
On the All vertical, when there's a high confidence the user is searching for Dynamics results, the Dynamics answer is triggered. Natural language queries (queries that include common entities by name or location, for example) and queries that include the name of a Dynamics app can trigger an answer. Here are a few examples:
- Who is the contact for Contoso
- What are the accounts in Seattle
- High priority phone call
- Contact missing emails
- D365 contacts
- Contoso Dynamics Sales
In the Dynamics 365 connector is easy to configure, customize, and edit. If you have feedback or questions when using the preview connector contact us.
With this simple configuration, you can enable Dynamics 365 results in Microsoft Search for people in your organization. To successfully set up this connection, we recommend you confirm these settings before you begin:
- Dataverse search is enabled for the Dynamics 365 environment you want to connect to. For details, see Configure Dataverse search for your environment.
- The Search admin configuring the connector has the correct licenses to use Dynamics 365. For more information, see Assign licenses.
- The Search admin has administrator access to the Dynamics 365 environment that you want to configure. For more information, see Add users to environment.
After verifying these settings, follow these steps to set up the connector:
In the Microsoft apps and services section, under Microsoft Dynamics 365, select Manage to open the Microsoft Dynamics 365 panel.
Activate the connector for your organization.
In the Endpoints list, select your Dynamics 365 environment.
In Connection Name, enter a descriptive name for this connection.
Review and select the consent check box.
Select Save to finish the connection setup.
To clarify the type of content users can find in the search vertical, we recommend updating the vertical name. To customize the name of your Dynamics 365 vertical, click Edit vertical. For more information, see Manage search verticals.
When the setup is complete, the dedicated Dynamics 365 vertical and answers may take up to 24 hours to appear. Dynamics results will only appear for users with a valid Dynamics 365 license and access to the connected Dynamics 365 environment. At any time, you can change the connection endpoint environment or deactivate the connection.
Through Dataverse Search Quick Find Views, you can modify which entities and fields are searchable. You can also customize which fields are shown for each entity type. Changes made to Quick Find Views will appear in Microsoft Search results and your Dynamics 365 apps. For information about modifying Quick Find Views, see Select searchable fields and filters for each table.
After enabling the connection, you can modify the endpoint and connection name. In Data sources, below the configured connection, select Edit to make changes.
To deactivate the connection, clear the Activate this connection for your organization check box and Save.
Odeslat a zobrazit názory pro