If you'd like to see us expand this article with more information, implementation details, pricing guidance, or code examples, let us know with GitHub Feedback!
Use AKS to easily ingest & process a real-time data stream with millions of data points collected via sensors. Perform fast analysis and computations to develop insights into complex scenarios quickly.
Download an SVG of this architecture.
- Sensor data is generated and streamed to Azure API Management.
- AKS cluster runs microservice that are deployed as containers behind a service mesh. Containers are built using a DevOps process and stored in Azure Container Registry.
- Ingest service stores data in a Azure Cosmos DB
- Asynchronously, the Analysis service receives the data and streams it to Apache Kafka and Azure HDInsight.
- Data scientists can analyze the large big data for use in machine learning models using Splunk.
- Data is processed by the processing service which stores the result in Azure Database for PostgreSQL and caches the data in an Azure Cache for Redis.
- A web app running in Azure App Service is used to visualize the results.