If you'd like to see us expand this article with more information, implementation details, pricing guidance, or code examples, let us know with GitHub Feedback!
A large enterprise architecture for SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, and Linux web servers hosted on an on-premises datacenter with failover to Azure infrastructure.
This solution is built on the Azure managed services: Traffic Manager, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Active Directory, VPN Gateway and Virtual Network. These services run in a high-availability environment, patched and supported, allowing you to focus on your solution instead of the environment they run in.
Download an SVG of this architecture.
- DNS traffic is routed via Traffic Manager which can easily move traffic from one site to another based on policies defined by your organization.
- Azure Site Recovery orchestrates the replication of machines and manages the configuration of the failback procedures.
- Blob storage stores the replica images of all machines that are protected by Site Recovery.
- Azure Active Directory is the replica of the on-premises Azure Active Directory services allowing cloud applications to be authenticated and authorized by your company.
- VPN Gateway: The VPN gateway maintains the communication between the on-premises network and the cloud network securely and privately.
- Virtual Network: The virtual network is where the failover site will be created when a disaster occurs.
- Configure Failover routing method
- How does Azure Site Recovery work?
- Introduction to Microsoft Azure Storage
- Integrating your on-premises identities with Azure Active Directory
- Create a VNet with a Site-to-Site connection using the Azure portal
- Designing your network infrastructure for disaster recovery