If you'd like to see us expand this article with more information, implementation details, pricing guidance, or code examples, let us know with GitHub Feedback!
Azure App Service is a fast and simple way to create web apps using Java, Node, PHP or ASP.NET, as well as support for custom language runtimes using Docker. A continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipeline that pushes each of your changes automatically to Azure app services allows you to deliver value faster to your customers.
Download an SVG of this architecture.
- Change application source code
- Commit code to GitHub
- Continuous Integration Trigger to Jenkins
- Jenkins triggers a build job using Azure Container Instances for a dynamic build agent
- Jenkins builds and stores artifact in Azure Storage
- Jenkins deploys Java application to Azure Web Apps backed by Azure Database for MySQL
- Azure App Insights provides metrics on application performance
- Monitor application and make improvements
- Azure Web Apps: Quickly create and deploy mission critical Web apps at scale
- Container Instances: Easily run containers on Azure without managing servers
- Azure Database for MySQL: Managed MySQL database service for app developers
- Application Insights: Detect, triage, and diagnose issues in your web apps and services
- Azure DevOps: Build and deploy multi-platform apps to get the most from Azure services
- Set up continuous integration and deployment to Azure Web Apps with Jenkins
- Use the Azure Container Agents plug-in for Jenkins for dynamic build agents
- Build a Java and MySQL web app in Azure
- Performance monitoring with Application Insights
- Get the Azure Extension Pack for Visual Studio Code