Platform updates for version 10.0.13 of Finance and Operations apps (October 2020)
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations has evolved into purpose-built applications to help you manage specific business functions. For more information about these changes, see Dynamics 365 Licensing Guide.
This topic lists the features that are included in the platform updates for version 10.0.13 of Finance and Operations apps. (These updates were formerly referred to as Platform update 37.) This version has a build number of 7.0.5746 and is available on the following schedule:
- Preview release: July 2020
- General availability (self-update): September 2020
- Auto-update: October 2020
Features included in this release
Visual Studio tools require Microsoft .NET 4.7.2 runtime
- For more information, see Action required for non-Microsoft managed developer VMs.
- For more information, see Priority-based throttling.
Allow validation of control state in task recordings
- For more information, see the "Validate" section in Task recorder resources. To use this feature in combination with the Regression suite automation tool (RSAT), you must update to RSAT 2.0, which will be available in October 2020.
For information about the bug fixes that are included in this update, sign in to Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services (LCS), and view the KB article.
Dynamics 365: 2020 release wave 2 plan
Wondering about upcoming and recently released capabilities in any of our business apps or platform?
Check out the Dynamics 365: 2020 release wave 2 plan. We've captured all the details, end to end, top to bottom, in a single document that you can use for planning.
Removed and deprecated platform features
The Removed or deprecated platform features topic describes features that have been removed, or that are planned for removal in platform updates of Finance and Operations apps.
- A removed feature is no longer available in the product.
- A deprecated feature isn't in active development and might be removed in a future update.
A deprecation notice will be added in the Removed or deprecated platform features topic 12 months before the removal of any feature from the product.
For breaking changes that affect only compilation time, but that are binary-compatible with sandbox and production environments, the deprecation time will be less than 12 months. Typically, these changes are functional updates that must be made to the compiler.