Policy doesn't allow granting permissions at this level to one or more of the recipient(s) when sharing calendar
An Office 365 user tries to share their calendar with an on-premises user or an external user. Or, an on-premises user tries to share their calendar with an Office 365 user or an external user. In either scenario, the user who tries to share their calendar to the cross-premises user receives the following error message:
Policy does not allow granting permissions at this level to one or more of the recipient(s). Please select another permission level and send the sharing invite again.
This problem occurs if the sharing policy doesn't allow the user to share the level of detail that the user set in the sharing invitation.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
Do one of the following, as appropriate for your situation:
- Connect to Exchange Online by using Remote PowerShell. For more information, see Connect to Exchange Online PowerShell.
- On the on-premises server, open the Exchange Management Shell.
Determine the sharing policy that's assigned to the user. To do this, run the following command and note the policy returned:
Get-Mailbox User1 | fl *sharing*
Update the sharing policy for the user. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Exchange admin center.
- Click Organization, and then double-click the policy that's assigned to the user under Individual Sharing. This is the policy that was returned in step 2.
- On the Sharing Rule page, select the calendar sharing level that you want to allow under Specify what information you want to share, and then click Save.
Still need help? Go to Microsoft Community.