Remote mailbox is not moved from Exchange Server 2010 to Exchange Online when move shows as Completed
Original KB number: 2886058
Consider the following scenario.
- You are using Microsoft Office 365.
- You perform a move request for a remote mailbox from an on-premises Exchange 2010 server to Exchange Online.
- After you perform the move request, the Exchange Management Console shows the status of the request as Completed.
In this scenario, the mailbox isn't moved, and the move request isn't listed on the migration page of the Exchange admin center in Exchange Online.
This issue occurs if the on-premises mailbox that you want to move was created in Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange Server 2013, and you have an on-premises environment that's also running Exchange Server 2010. In this scenario, you can't move the mailbox from an Exchange 2010 server.
Perform the remote mailbox request from the Exchange admin center in Exchange Online.
To check whether the move process is working correctly, follow these steps:
Open the Exchange admin center on the on-premises Exchange server.
Select Office 365, select recipients in the left navigation pane, and then select migration.
View the move status of the mailboxes. You should see the following values:
- The status shows as Syncing during the mailbox move process.
- The status shows as Completed after the mailbox is successfully moved.
You can also run the following cmdlet in the Exchange Management Shell to check the status of the migration batch:
Get-MigrationBatch -Identity <Batch Name>