Exchange ActiveSync does not synchronize some Outlook contact information as expected
Original KB number: 2692134
Consider the following scenario:
- Your mailbox is hosted on a server that is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 or Exchange Server 2007.
- You create a new contact in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
- Under Phone numbers, you type a telephone number in the Home and Mobile fields.
- You select Business, select Other, and then type a telephone number in the Other field.
- You synchronize your mobile device that uses Exchange ActiveSync over-the-air.
In this scenario, the information in the Home and Mobile fields is synchronized as expected. However, the information in the Other field does not synchronize as expected.
This issue occurs because the EAS protocol does not support synchronizing some contact information.
The behavior that is mentioned in the Symptoms section can occur if you change the field name for any of the default fields. For example, if you select Business, Home, Business FAX, or Mobile, and then change the field name to Other, the data is not synchronized as expected.
The following table summarizes the field names that will synchronize and that will not synchronize as expected:
|Field names that will synchronize||Field names that will not synchronize|
|Business Fax||Other Fax|
For more information about the elements in the Contact class, see Elements of the Contact class.