Explorer View option isn't available on the Current View list box in SharePoint Server
After a recent upgrade from Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010, users find that Explorer View is no longer available on the View list box on the ribbon.
In SharePoint Server 2007, the view was available in the View list box:
- Access a document library on SharePoint Server 2007.
- On the top right hand side of the document library, select the View list box.
- Note that Explorer View is available.
In SharePoint Server 2010, the customer is trying to find Explorer View in the same list box:
- Access a document library on SharePoint Server 2010.
- On the ribbon, select the Library tab.
- In the Manage Views section, select on the Current View list box.
- The customer expects Explorer View to appear in this list.
This behavior is by design.
The Explorer View was a feature of SharePoint Server 2007. It has been replaced with an Open with Explorer button in the Connect & Export section of the ribbon. However, for document libraries that existed during the upgrade from SharePoint Server 2007 to SharePoint Server 2010, that Explorer View will still be available in the View list box, as well as the Open with Explorer button. Newly created document libraries will only have the Open with Explorer button and not Explorer View in the View list box.