How to add the standard cost per component to the Single Level Bill of Materials report in Microsoft Dynamics GP
This article describes the steps to add the standard cost per component field to the Single Level Bill of Materials report in Microsoft Dynamics GP by using the Report Writer module
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics GP
Original KB number: 871931
Step 1: Back up the report, and then open the report
Back up the Reports.dic file if you have existing Microsoft Great Plains reports that have been modified. To find the location of the Reports.dic file, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, point to Setup, point to System, and then click Edit Launch File. If you are prompted for a password, type the system password.
- In the Edit Launch File window, click Great Plains. The location of the Reports.dic file is in the Reports field.
On the Tools menu, point to Customize, and then click Report Writer.
In the Product list, click Great Plains, and then click OK.
In Report Writer, click Reports.
In the Original Reports list, click BM Bill of Materials, and then click Insert.
In the Modified Reports list, click BM Bill of Materials, and then click Open.
Step 2: Create a calculated field for the standard cost
In the Report Definition window, click Layout.
In the Toolbox, click Calculated Fields, and then click New.
In the Name field, type Std cost.
In the Result Type list, click Currency, and then mark Calculated as the Expression Type.
In the Expressions area, click Calculated, and then click the Fields ta2.
In the Resources list, click Bill of Materials Report Detail Temp, and then in the Field list, click Design Quantity.
Click Add, and then in the Operators area, click *.
Click the Functions tab, and in the Function list, click STR_CUR, and then click Add.
Click the Fields tab, in the Resources list, click Calculated Fields, in the Fields list, click Comp Cost, and then click Add.
Your calculated field appears as follows:
bmBillRptDtlTemp.Design Quantity * STR_CUR(Comp Cost)
Step 3: Add the Std Cost calculated field to the report layout
- In the Calculated Fields list, click Std Cost.
- Drag the field onto the H3 section of the report layout.
- Double-click Std Cost field to open the Report Field Options window.
- Click the ellipsis button next to the Format field, and then click New.
- In the Format Name field, type Decimal 2.
- In the Decimal Digits field, type 2, and then mark the Show Currency Symbol check box.
- Click OK, and then click OK in the Report Field Options window.
Step 4: Save your report, and then quit Report Writer
Close the Report Layout window. You will receive the message:
Do you want to save changes to this report layout?
In the Report Definition window, click OK.
On the File menu, click Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains.
Step 5: Grant access to the report
Use one of the following methods to grant access to the report.
Method 1:Use the Advanced Security tool
On the Tools menu, point to Setup, point to System, and then click Advanced Security. If you are prompted, type the system password.
Click View, and then click by Alternate, Modified and Custom.
Expand the following nodes:
- Great Plains
- Bm Bill of Materials
Click Great Plains (Modified).
Click Apply, and then click OK.
By default, when you start the Advanced Security tool, the current user and company are selected. Any changes that you make are for the current user and company. However, you can select additional users and companies in the Company area and in the User area of the Advanced Security dialog box.
Method 2: Use standard Microsoft Great Plains security
- On the Tools menu, point to Setup, point to System, and then click Security. If you are prompted for a password, type the system password.
- In the User ID list, click the user ID of the user whom you want to have access to the report.
- In the Type list, click Modified Reports.
- In the Series list, click Inventory.
- In the Access List box, double-click BM Bill of Material, and then click OK. An asterisk appears next to the report name.