How to set up the VAT Daybook reports in Microsoft Dynamics GP
This article describes how to set up the Value-Added Tax (VAT) Daybook reports in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0. The VAT Daybook reports are used by European customers for tax reporting. VAT Daybook in Microsoft Dynamics GP generates separate VAT Daybook reports for the sales modules and for the purchasing modules.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics GP
Original KB number: 932379
To set up the VAT Daybook reports in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0, follow these steps.
Step 1 - Install the international Microsoft Dynamics GP client software
To do this, select United Kingdom & Ireland in the Country/Region list during the installation process.
Step 2 - Enable VAT Daybook reporting
- On the Tools menu, point to Setup, point to System, and then select Use VAT Daybook.
- Select a report template for each company. For example, if you want to generate the VAT Daybook report for United Kingdom, select GB in the Report Template list.
Step 3 - Set up VAT Daybook report IDs and VAT Daybook column codes
- On the Cards menu, point to Company, and then select VAT Daybook Reports.
- In the Report ID field, type a report ID, and then type a description in the Report Description field.
- In the Country Code list, select a code that is based on the country/region for which you are reporting VAT. For example, select GB for the country/region code for United Kingdom.
- In the Column Code field, type column codes for each column that you want to display in the VAT Daybook report. Include the European Union (EU) transactions column and the VAT reclaimed column.
- Select Add when you are prompted to add the column code. The VAT Daybook Column Codes window automatically opens.
- Type descriptions in the Description 1 field and in the Description 2 field.
- In the Tax Detail ID field, type the applicable tax detail IDs.
- In the Amount Type list, select Net Amount or select Tax Amount.
- In the Document Type list, select one of the following document types:
- Invoices & Credits
- Select Save, and then close the VAT Daybook Column Codes window.
- Select Save, and then close the VAT Daybook Reports window.
Step 4 - Create and post the sales transactions and the purchasing transactions
Create and post the sales transaction and the purchasing transactions. When you create transactions, make sure that you use the tax details that are assigned to the report.
Step 5 - Print the VAT Daybook reports
On the Tools menu, point to Routines, point to Company, and then select VAT Daybook Reports.
Create a report option. To do this, follow these steps:
- Type an option ID in the Option field.
- In the Report ID list, select the report ID that you created in the Step 3 - Set up VAT Daybook report IDs and column codes section.
In the From field and in the To field, type the dates for the date range in the Dates area. The date range should include the document date and the tax date of the transactions that were posted in the Step 4 - Create and post the sales and purchasing transactions section.
In the Type of Report area, select Draft or select Draft+Draft Return.
If you selected Draft in step 2d, select Both in the Transactions area.
Select Print to print the VAT Daybook reports.