"Unhandled script exception: Wrong number of arguments" error when selecting Attendance Transactions in Navigation Pane after upgrading
This article provides a resolution for the issue that you receive an Unhandled script exception when selecting Attendance Transactions in Navigation Pane after upgrading to Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics GP
Original KB number: 923961
Consider the following scenario:
- You upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0.
- You start Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0.
- In the Navigation Pane, you select Attendance Transactions in the HR & Payroll Lists section.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
Unhandled script exception: Wrong number of arguments passed to system 2808 from script 'VirtualField_AddToWindow'.
To resolve this problem, delete a record from the SY07210 table. To do this, follow these steps:
Follow the appropriate step, depending on whether you are using Microsoft SQL Server or Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (MSDE):
- If you are using SQL Server, start SQL Query Analyzer. To do this, select Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server, and then select Query Analyzer.
- If you are using MSDE, start the Support Administrator Console. To do this, select Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Administrator Console, and then select Support Administrator Console.
Run the following statement against the DYNAMICS database.
Delete SY07210 where DICTID = 414
Verify that you do not receive the error message that is mentioned in the Symptoms section. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the Navigation Pane, select HR & Payroll Lists.
- Select Attendance Transactions.