Delete a user profile in Windows Server 2008 and later
Applies to: Windows Server 2012 R2
Original KB number: 2462308
Steps to delete a user profile
- Open System in Control Panel.
- Click Advanced Settings, and on the Advanced tab, under User Profiles, click Settings.
- Under Profiles stored on this computer, click the user profile you want to delete, and then click Delete.
- To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the Administrators group on the local computer, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority. If the computer is joined to a domain, members of the Domain Admins group might be able to perform this procedure. As a security best practice, consider using Run as to perform this procedure.
- To open System, click Start > Control Panel, and then double-click System.
- To open System from a command line as an administrator, type runas /user: computername \Administrator "rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL sysdm.cpl".