How to: Set Up Email Manually or Using the Assisted Setup
To send and receive emails from within Dynamics NAV, you must fill in the fields in the SMTP Mail Setup window.
Instead of entering the SMTP server details, you can use a function to enter them with information from your Office 365 subscription.
You can either set email up manually or you can get help by using the Email Setup assisted setup. For more information, see Getting Ready for Doing Business.
To set up email
- Choose the icon, enter SMTP Email Setup, and then choose the related link.
- Fill in the fields as necessary. Choose a field to read a short description of the field or link to more information.
- Alternatively, choose the Apply Office 365 Server Settings action to insert any information that is already defined for your Office 365 subscription.
- When all the fields are correctly filled in, choose the Test Email Setup action.
- When the test succeeds, close the window.
Working with Dynamics NAV
Setting Up Dynamics NAV
How to: Send Documents by Email
Customizing Dynamics NAV Using Extensions
Using Dynamics NAV as Your Business Inbox in Outlook
Getting Dynamics NAV on My Mobile Device