Overview of Dynamics 365 Commerce 2021 release wave 2
Some of the functionality described in this release plan has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
Dynamics 365 Commerce is an end-to-end solution delivering seamless commerce across all channels, encompassing sales, mobility, intelligence, and productivity, to help customer-facing businesses achieve more in a cloud-first, mobile-first way. The app offers comprehensive support to operate a broad range of business processes including e-commerce, clienteling, point of sale, call center, merchandising, inventory, and channel management capabilities, while providing a unified and immersive customer experience (for B2C and B2B engagements) across physical and digital channels.
Organizations can drive better business outcomes with Commerce through:
- Engaging customers across channels: Give your customers or partners the option to purchase when, how, and where they want—on any device—by delivering a frictionless and consistent engagement across physical and digital channels.
- Getting everything to build and run digital commerce: Grow your business with a unified digital commerce solution that scales to meet your needs across business and consumer sales.
- Enabling AI-driven intelligent commerce: Delight your customers with engaging, personalized, and item-based AI-powered recommendations discovery experiences to increase repeat visits, customer retention and loyalty, while increasing conversions and average order values.
- Modernizing retail stores and streamlining operations: Create personalized and friction-free retail commerce experiences through user-friendly applications powered by robust back-office operations.
- Gaining agility and scalability through a natively headless solution: Support traditional and emerging channels by using an agile, API-driven headless commerce engine to help adapt to current and emerging needs.
Key investments for this wave include:
- Customer segmentation and targeting: Digital commerce organizations will be able to use site builder to target customer segments with specific page layouts and content.
- Integration with Microsoft Clarity: Organizations can use Microsoft Clarity to view how end users interact with pages across their site, including mouse-action recordings, heatmaps, and analytics.
- Customer-specific catalogs: Organizations can define specific product catalogs by business partner organization, which will restrict the business buyers to see and order products only from the catalog associated with their organization.
- Enhanced reordering experience: Business buyers will be able to reorder the entirety of a past order or pick and choose individual products from a past order for reorder.
- Reassign admin privileges: Admins of business partner organizations can designate one or multiple other users as admins and will also be able to revoke the admin privileges of another admin user.