Extending Dynamics 365 for Financials
There are plenty of benefits of using Dynamics 365 for Financials as a platform for App builders:
- Enrich Dynamics 365 for Financials, a proven Microsoft online solution, with your expertise
- Leverage the Dynamics 365 brand – a brand that millions of users know and trust
- Reach more customers for your business apps with Microsoft AppSource
- Achieve more with a platform that delivers a modern experience and offers scale
- Bundle with intelligent business apps such as PowerApps, Flow, Power BI, Cortana Intelligence, and many more
To bring your Financials app into AppSource:
Create your accounts
We want you to have access to all the necessary tools! You must have a Microsoft Partner Network ID, a Developer account, and a PSBC account. For more information about how you can get your accounts in place, get the Create your accounts.pdf document from the Download Center.
Engage with us about your app idea
Share your Financials app idea with us on Microsoft AppSource! After submitting your idea, we will engage with you and provide you with everything you need to start working on your app. For more information about all the steps, get the Engage with us about your app idea document.pdf document from the Download Center.
Develop the technical aspects of your app
After you have set up your own app development environment, you can develop your app. For more information about everything you need to know about how to develop the technical aspects of your Financials app, get the Develop the technical aspects of your app.pdf document from the Download Center.
Develop the marketing aspects of your app
Simply listing your app's features and functionality will not convert prospects to buyers. For more information about how to best market your app in the AppSource marketplace, get the Develop the marketing aspects of your app.pdf from the Download Center.
Publish your app
Before we publish, we will collaborate with you to ensure that your app stands out on Microsoft AppSource and on your own landing page! We need to validate your app to ensure it is marketed well, trustworthy, and up to date. For more information about the validation process and how to publish your app, get the Publish your app.pdf document from the Download Center.
Learn more about extensions v2.0
The new development tools, which enable to you to build extensions v2.0, are currently in preview and will be enabled in the Dynamics 365 for Financials service soon. If you already want to familiarize yourself with the new tools or learn more about extensions 2.0, have a look at aka.ms/GetStartedWithApps.
If you would like some coaching, you can contact an app subject matter expert from the following list:
- Cloud Ready Software, http://cloud-ready-software.com
- Dynamics App Alliance, http://dynamicsappalliance.com
Partners in this list:
- Are listed alphabetically
- Are assisting or have assisted a minimum of three partners with bringing apps into Microsoft AppSource
- Have a packaged service available (and listed on their website) about the app guidance that they provide
If you believe you should be listed as an app service partner, don't hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This FAQ responds to the most common questions you might have about apps for Dynamics 365 for Financials. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to contact your local Microsoft representative or email email@example.com.
Please find further resources for app development on our DLP topic page DLP topic page. Some selected ones are available below: