Exam DP-300: Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure
Candidates for this exam are database administrators and data management specialists that manage on-premises and cloud relational databases built with Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Azure Data Services.
The Azure database administrator implements and manages the operational aspects of cloud-native and hybrid data platform solutions built on Azure Data Services and SQL Server. The Azure database administrator uses a variety of methods and tools to perform day-to-day operations, including applying knowledge of using T-SQL for administrative management purposes.
This role is responsible for management, availability, security and performance monitoring and optimization of modern relational database solutions. This role works with the Azure data engineer role to manage operational aspects of data platform solutions.
Candidates for this role should understand all concepts covered in Exam DP-900: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals
You may be eligible for ACE college credit if you pass this certification exam. See ACE college credit for certification exams for details.
The content of this exam was updated on November 24, 2021. Please download the skills measured document below to see what changed.
NOTE: Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores here.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate
Related exams: none
Important: See detailsGo to Certification Dashboard
- The content of this exam was updated on November 24, 2021. Please download the exam skills outline below to see what changed.
- Plan and implement data platform resources (15-20%)
- Implement a secure environment (15-20%)
- Monitor and optimize operational resources (15-20%)
- Optimize query performance (5-10%)
- Perform automation of tasks (10-15%)
- Plan and implement a High Availability and Disaster Recovery (HADR) environment (15-20%)
- Perform administration by using T-SQL (10-15%)
Two ways to prepare
The Azure database administrator implements and manages the operational aspects of cloud-native and hybrid data platform solutions built on Microsoft Azure data services and Microsoft SQL Server.