Microsoft Dynamics 365 and GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR, is fundamentally about protecting and enabling the privacy rights of individuals. Read more about Microsoft's commitment to security at the Microsoft Trust Centre.
Dynamics 365 is committed to help our customers meet their GDPR requirements. Here you will find information and a number of resources to help you understand how Dynamics supports GDPR and provides the information and tools for our customers to define and support their GDPR obligations.
Here are the types of information we have additional information about:
For Dynamics 365 applications and services, the following white papers provide an overview of the GDPR and suggest an approach for how you can think about both enhancing your data protection capabilities as well as how you may want to think about complying with the GDPR as expressed in four stages – Discover, Manage, Protect and Report.
- Dynamics 365 for Sales
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service
- Dynamics 365 for Field Service
- Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation
- Dynamics 365 for Marketing
- Dynamics 365 for Sales and Dynamics 365 for Customers Service on-premises
- Dynamics AX 2012 on-premises
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Microsoft Dynamics C5
Data Subject Requests
The GDPR grants individuals (or data subjects) certain rights in connection with the processing of their personal data, including the right to correct inaccurate data, erase data or restrict its processing, receive their data and fulfill a request to transmit their data to another controller. Below are a number of resources for Dynamics 365 customers to help them to respond to Data Subject Requests (DSRs).
DSRs on the Service Trust Portal – You can find information that discusses what the GDPR requires of controllers (you) and processors (Microsoft) to respond to DSRs, and how Microsoft will enable you to do so.
The Relevance Search report is available for Customer Service, Field Service, Marketing, Project Service Automation, and Sales.
Resources to help administrators and customizers configure Relevance Search:
Resources to help users get started with Relevance Search:
- Use Relevance Search
- Find info faster with Relevance Search (video)
- Get more productive with Relevance Search (video)
Person Search Report
The Person search report is available for Finance and Operations, Retail, and Talent Core HR.
- Start with Person search report if you are an application user or administrator
- Learn how to extend the Person search report if you are a developer
Compliance Manager is a cross–Microsoft Cloud services solution designed to help organizations meet complex compliance obligations like the GDPR. It performs a real-time risk assessment that reflects your compliance posture against data protection regulations when using Microsoft Cloud services, along with recommended actions and step-by-step guidance.
You can try Compliance Manager yourself by visiting the Service Trust Portal to download it. See the Compliance manager support page to get started: Use Compliance Manager to help meet data protection and regulatory requirements when using Microsoft cloud services
Compliance manager blog posts
- Preparing for a new era in privacy regulation with the Microsoft Cloud, Office blog, April 16, 2018
- Introducing Service Trust Portal and the new Privacy/GDPR resources, Tech Community blog, April 17, 2018
- Announcing Compliance Manager general availability, Tech Community blog, February 22, 2018
Compliance manager white papers and datasheets
- Simplify your compliance journey with Compliance Manager (white paper)
- Prepare for GDPR today with Microsoft 365 (white paper)
- GDPR and Microsoft 365: Streamline your Path to Compliance (eBook)
- Support and simplify your end-to-end compliance journey when using Microsoft Cloud services with Compliance Manager (datasheet)
Compliance manager videos
- Introducing Compliance Manager in 2 mins
- Preparing for GDPR: Mechanics video featuring Compliance Manager
- Compliance Manager product demo
Hear from Microsoft about how we support GDPR, and learn how we are helping our Dynamics customers to support their GDPR requirements.
- Safeguarding individual privacy rights with the Microsoft Cloud – coming May 25, 2018
- Supporting GDPR Data Subject Requests with Dynamics 365, April 24, 2018
- Help your organization’s GDPR Compliance efforts with Dynamics 365, April 1, 2018
- Get Ready for GDPR: How Dynamics 365 Can Help, April 1, 2018
- Understanding the General Data Protection Regulation in Partnership with Microsoft, May 24, 2017
Hear from Microsoft about GDPR, what it means to our customers, and what it means to us as a corporation.
- Microsoft hires European Data Protection Officer, March 23, 2018
- For everyone to benefit from technology, we need to ensure the free flow of information, September 29, 2017, Julie Brill, Corporate Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Microsoft
- Are you ready for the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)? Our two new tools can help you find out, July 17, 2017
- Sharing new customer resources for EU’s General Data Protection Regulation, Brendon Lynch, Chief Privacy Officer, Microsoft
- How the Microsoft Cloud can accelerate your GDPR compliance for the EU, May 24, 2017, Suzanne Choney, Microsoft
- Sharing our journey to help customers comply with the EU’s GDPR at IAPP Global Privacy Summit, April 24, 2017, John Payseno, Assistant General Council
- Get GDPR compliant with the Microsoft Cloud, February 15, 2017, Brendon Lynch, Chief Privacy Officer, Microsoft
Get deeper knowledge about Microsoft, GDPR, and our own GDPR journey.