Microsoft Dynamics 365 and GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is fundamentally about protecting and enabling the privacy rights of individuals. You can read more about the Microsoft commitment to security at the Microsoft Trust Centre.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is committed to helping our customers meet their GDPR requirements. In this topic, you will find information and several resources to help you understand how Microsoft Dynamics supports the GDPR, and how we provide the information and tools that our customers need in order to define and support their GDPR obligations.
Here are the types of information that we have additional information about:
The following white papers provide an overview of the GDPR for Dynamics 365 applications and services. They also suggest an approach for how you can think about enhancing your data protection capabilities and how you might want to think about compliance with the GDPR as a process that has four stages: Discover, Manage, Protect, and Report.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Service
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Field Service
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Marketing
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- Dynamics 365 for Sales and Dynamics 365 for Customer Service on-premises
- Dynamics AX 2012 on-premises
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Microsoft Dynamics C5
Data Subject Requests
The GDPR grants individuals (or data subjects) certain rights in connection with the processing of their personal data. These rights include the right to correct inaccurate data, erase their data or restrict its processing, receive their data, and fulfill a request to transmit their data to another controller. The resources in this section will help Dynamics 365 customers respond to Data Subject Requests (DSRs).
DSRs on the Service Trust Portal – You can find information about what the GDPR requires of controllers (you) and processors (Microsoft) when you respond to DSRs, and how Microsoft enables you to do so.
The Relevance Search report is available for Customer Service, Field Service, Marketing, Project Service Automation, and Sales.
The following resources can help administrators and customizers configure Relevance Search:
Resources to help administrators and customizers configure Relevance Search:
Resources to help users get started with Relevance Search:
- Use Relevance Search
- Find info faster with Relevance Search (video)
- Get more productive with Relevance Search (video)
Person search report
The Person search report is available for Finance and Operations, Retail, and Talent Core HR.
- If you're an application user or administrator, start with Person search report.
- If you're a developer, learn how to extend the Person search report.
Compliance Manager is a cross–Microsoft cloud services solution that is designed to help organizations meet complex compliance obligations like the GDPR. It does real-time risk assessment that reflects your compliance posture against data protection regulations when you use Microsoft cloud services. It also provides recommended actions and step-by-step guidance.
You can try Compliance Manager by visiting the Service Trust Portal and downloading it. See the following Compliance Manager support page to get started: Use Compliance Manager to help meet data protection and regulatory requirements when using Microsoft cloud services.
Compliance Manager blog posts
- Preparing for a new era in privacy regulation with the Microsoft Cloud, from the Office blog (April 16, 2018)
- Introducing Service Trust Portal and the new Privacy/GDPR resources, from the Tech Community blog (April 17, 2018)
- Announcing Compliance Manager general availability, from the Tech Community blog (February 22, 2018)
Compliance Manager white papers and datasheets
- Simplify your compliance journey with Compliance Manager (white paper)
- Prepare for GDPR today with Microsoft 365 (white paper)
- GDPR and Microsoft 365: Streamline your Path to Compliance (e-book)
- Support and simplify your end-to-end compliance journey when using Microsoft Cloud services with Compliance Manager (datasheet)
Compliance Manager videos
- Introducing Compliance Manager in 2 mins
- Preparing for GDPR: Mechanics video featuring Compliance Manager
- Compliance Manager product demo
Hear from Microsoft about how we support the GDPR, and learn how we are helping our Microsoft Dynamics customers support their GDPR requirements.
- Safeguarding individual privacy rights with the Microsoft Cloud, May 25, 2018
- Supporting GDPR Data Subject Requests with Dynamics 365, April 24, 2018
- Help your organization’s GDPR Compliance efforts with Dynamics 365, April 1, 2018
- Get Ready for GDPR: How Dynamics 365 Can Help, April 1, 2018
- Understanding the General Data Protection Regulation in Partnership with Microsoft, May 24, 2017
Hear from Microsoft about the GDPR, what it means to our customers, and what it means to us as a corporation.
- GPDR is here: Here's what you need to know to start your compliance journey, May 25, 2018
- Microsoft’s commitment to GDPR, privacy and putting customers in control of their own data, May 21, 2018, Julie Brill - Corporate Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Microsoft
- Essential Dynamics 365 resources to help you with GDPR compliance, May 14, 2018
- Microsoft hires European Data Protection Officer, March 23, 2018
- For everyone to benefit from technology, we need to ensure the free flow of information, September 29, 2017, Julie Brill, Corporate Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Microsoft
- Are you ready for the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)? Our two new tools can help you find out, July 17, 2017
- Sharing new customer resources for EU’s General Data Protection Regulation, Brendon Lynch, Chief Privacy Officer, Microsoft
- How the Microsoft Cloud can accelerate your GDPR compliance for the EU, May 24, 2017, Suzanne Choney, Microsoft
- Sharing our journey to help customers comply with the EU’s GDPR at IAPP Global Privacy Summit, April 24, 2017, John Payseno, Assistant General Council
- Get GDPR compliant with the Microsoft Cloud, February 15, 2017, Brendon Lynch, Chief Privacy Officer, Microsoft
Get deeper knowledge about Microsoft, the GDPR, and our own GDPR journey.