Customize the response from the Events API
The Events API allows you to expose custom fields of event management entities. That means you can access all those fields that have been added to an entity by the customer.
By default, when adding a new field to an entity (for example:
msevtmgt_pass), it is not exposed by the corresponding API endpoint (for example:
However, it is possible to expose the new field in the Events API by creating a so-called website entity configuration.
To create a new website entity configuration:
- Open your Dynamics 365 Marketing instance.
- Go to Settings > Event management > Website table configurations.
- Select + New in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Enter a name of your choice in the Name field.
- Select the entity that you want to expose an extra field in the Selected Entity field.
- Write a JSON array that contains the new custom field that should be visible through the API in the Selected fields. This exposes the new custom field through the Events API.