SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) is an integrated environment for managing any SQL infrastructure. Use SSMS to access, configure, manage, administer, and develop all components of SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, and SQL Data Warehouse. SSMS provides a single comprehensive utility that combines a broad group of graphical tools with a number of rich script editors to provide access to SQL Server for developers and database administrators of all skill levels.
- Download SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Download SQL Server 2016 Developer
- Download Visual Studio
SQL Server Management Studio components
|Use Object Explorer to view and manage all of the objects in one or more instances of SQL Server.||Object Explorer|
|How to use Template Explorer to build and manage files of boilerplate text that can be used to speed the development of queries and scripts.||Template Explorer|
|How to use the deprecated Solution Explorer to build projects used to manage administration items such as scripts and queries.||Solution Explorer|
|How to use the visual design tools included in Management Studio.||Visual Database Tools|
|How to use the Management Studio language editors to interactively build and debug queries and scripts.||Query and Text Editors (SQL Server Management Studio)|
Support Policy for SSMS
- Starting with SSMS 17.0, the SQL Tools team has adopted the Microsoft Modern Lifecycle Policy.
- Read the original Modern Lifecycle Policy announcement.
- For additional infomrmation, see Modern Policy FAQs.
Contribute SQL documentation
- All the ways to get help
- UserVoice - Suggestion to improve SQL Server?
- Setup and Upgrade - MSDN Forum
- SQL Server Data Tools - MSDN forum
- Transact-SQL - MSDN forum
- SQL Server Security - MSDN Forum
- DBA Stack Exchange (tag sql-server) - ask SQL Server questions
- Stack Overflow (tag sql-server) - also has some answers about SQL development
- Reddit - general discussion about SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server License Terms and Information
- Support options for business users
- Contact Microsoft
- Edit SQL Docs
- SQL Docs Feedback
- SQL Docs Survey