Azure Advanced Threat Protection information and support
Use the following resources to help you learn about, deploy, and support Azure Advanced Threat Protection for your organization.
|To do this ...||...do this:|
|See our most popular documentation||Read the top ten pages:
- What is Azure Advanced Threat Protection?
- Azure ATP prerequisites
- Azure ATP architecture
- Azure ATP capacity planning
-Creating an instance
-Understanding security alerts
-Azure ATP security alerts
-Investigate a computer
-Investigate a user
-Investigate a lateral movement path
|Engage with the product team and your peers||Visit the Tech Community for Azure Advanced Threat Protection.|
|Check subscription information and get a list of which features are supported||See subscription information and the feature list from the Azure Advanced Threat Protection website.|
Information about new releases and updates
The Azure Advanced Threat Protection product team posts announcements about new releases and updates to the Enterprise Mobility and Security blog. These blog posts supplement the product documentation and support information.
For an up-to-date list of newly released features and recent changes in Azure ATP, check out What's new in Azure Advanced Threat Protection.
Support options and community resources
This section provides information about support, troubleshooting options, and community resources.
To contact Microsoft Support:
If you have Premier Support, visit the portal for Premier Support customers to submit incidents, browse solutions, and get help.
For other customers, use the support channels as follows:
|Use the Azure portal||1. Select New support request from Help + support in the Azure portal.
2. When you are prompted, on the Basics blade, as the Issue type, choose Technical, as the Service under Security & Identity, choose Azure Advanced Threat Protection.
3. Make sure that one of the following options is selected:
- Subscription with technical support included. You see this option if you have a paid or trial subscription for Azure.
- Technical support included. You see this option if you don't have an Azure subscription.
|Use the Azure Advanced Threat Protection portal||1. Click on the "?" icon in the top navigation bar in Azure Advanced Threat Protection portal
2. Search for Azure Advanced Threat Protection.
3. Open an incident ticket.
- Select "Support"
4. Open an incident ticket. If you succeed in entering the Azure Advanced Threat Protection portal, you can enter the Online Assisted Support (OAS) portal.
For additional support options, ask your Microsoft contact.
System status page
To view system status for Azure ATP, visit the System status page. This page gives you information as to whether the Azure ATP portal is up and active, if there are issues with detections and if the Sensor is able to send traffic to the cloud. You can access the System status from the Azure ATP menu bar.
- Microsoft Ignite 2018 sessions for Azure Advanced Threat Protection.
If you have a question about how something works, check whether your question is already answered in Frequently asked questions.
If you have a question about a prerequisite for Azure Advanced Threat Protection, see ATP prerequisites.
If you have Microsoft Defender ATP deployed in your environment and you want to integrate it with Azure Advanced Threat Protection, see Integrate with Microsoft Defender ATP.
For information regarding investigation of a security alert, see the security alert guide.
We recommend the tech community group for Azure Advanced Threat Protection. This resource provides direct responses from the Azure Advanced Threat Protection team in addition to the benefit of shared experiences and knowledge from other administrators and consultants.