If you'd like to see us expand this article with more information, implementation details, pricing guidance, or code examples, let us know with GitHub Feedback!
Download an SVG of this architecture.
- User accesses the web app in browser and signs in.
- Browser pulls static resources such as images from Azure Content Delivery Network.
- User searches for products and queries SQL database.
- Web site pulls product catalog from database.
- Web app pulls product images from Blob Storage.
- Page output is cached in Azure Cache for Redis for better performance.
- User submits order and order is placed in the queue.
- Azure Functions processes order payment.
- Azure Functions makes payment to third party and records payment in SQL database.
- Web Apps: An App Service Web App runs in a single region, accessible to web and mobile browsers
- Azure SQL Database: Managed, intelligent SQL in the cloud
- Azure Functions: Process events with serverless code
- Application Insights: Detect, triage, and diagnose issues in your web apps and services