Limitations in Azure Database for MySQL
The following sections describe capacity, storage engine support, privilege support, data manipulation statement support, and functional limits in the database service. Also see general limitations applicable to the MySQL database engine.
The maximum number of connections per pricing tier and vCores are as follows:
|Pricing Tier||vCore(s)||Max Connections|
When connections exceed the limit, you may receive the following error:
ERROR 1040 (08004): Too many connections
Storage engine support
- DBA role: Many server parameters and settings can inadvertently degrade server performance or negate ACID properties of the DBMS. As such, to maintain the service integrity and SLA at a product level, this service does not expose the DBA role. The default user account, which is constructed when a new database instance is created, allows that user to perform most of DDL and DML statements in the managed database instance.
- SUPER privilege: Similarly SUPER privilege is also restricted.
Data manipulation statement support
LOAD DATA INFILEis supported, but the
[LOCAL]parameter must be specified and directed to a UNC path (Azure storage mounted through SMB).
SELECT ... INTO OUTFILE
- Dynamic scaling to and from the Basic pricing tiers is currently not supported.
- Decreasing server storage size is not supported.
Server version upgrades
- Automated migration between major database engine versions is currently not supported. If you would like to upgrade to the next major version, take a dump and restore it to a server that was created with the new engine version.
- When using the PITR feature, the new server is created with the same configurations as the server it is based on.
- Restoring a deleted server is not supported.
VNet service endpoints
- Support for VNet service endpoints is only for General Purpose and Memory Optimized servers.
Current known issues
- MySQL server instance displays the wrong server version after connection is established. To get the correct server instance engine version, use the