Microsoft Defender for Identity information and support
Use the following resources to help you learn about, deploy, and support Microsoft Defender for Identity for your organization.
|To do this ...||...do this:|
|See our most popular documentation||Read the top ten pages:
- What is Defender for Identity?
- Defender for Identity prerequisites
- Defender for Identity architecture
- Defender for Identity capacity planning
-Creating an instance
-Understanding security alerts
-Defender for Identity security alerts
-Investigate a computer
-Investigate a user
-Investigate a lateral movement path
|Engage with the product team and your peers||Visit the Tech Community for Defender for Identity.|
|Check subscription information and get a list of which features are supported||See subscription information and the feature list from the Defender for Identity website.|
Information about new releases and updates
The Defender for Identity product team posts announcements about new releases and updates to the Enterprise Mobility and Security blog. These blog posts supplement the product documentation and support information.
For an up-to-date list of newly released features and recent changes in Defender for Identity, check out What's new in Defender for Identity.
Support options and community resources
This section provides information about support, troubleshooting options, and community resources.
To contact Microsoft Support:
If you have Premier Support, visit the portal for Premier Support customers to submit incidents, browse solutions, and get help.
For other customers, use the support channels as follows:
|Use the Azure portal||1. Select New support request from Help + support in the Azure portal.
2. When you are prompted, on the Basics blade, as the Issue type, choose Technical, as the Service under Security & Identity, choose Defender for Identity.
3. Make sure that one of the following options is selected:
- Subscription with technical support included. You see this option if you have a paid or trial subscription for Azure.
- Technical support included. You see this option if you don't have an Azure subscription.
|Use the Defender for Identity portal||1. Click on the "?" icon in the top navigation bar in Defender for Identity portal
2. Search for Defender for Identity.
3. Open an incident ticket.
- Select "Support"
4. Open an incident ticket. If you succeed in entering the Defender for Identity portal, you can enter the Online Assisted Support (OAS) portal.
For additional support options, ask your Microsoft contact.
System status page
To view system status for Defender for Identity, visit the System status page. This page gives you information as to whether the Defender for Identity portal is up and active, if there are issues with detections and if the Sensor is able to send traffic to the cloud. You can access the System status from the Defender for Identity menu bar.
- Microsoft Ignite 2018 sessions for Defender for Identity.
If you have a question about how something works, check whether your question is already answered in Frequently asked questions.
If you have a question about a prerequisite for Defender for Identity, see Defender for Identity prerequisites.
If you have Microsoft Defender for Endpoint deployed in your environment and you want to integrate it with Defender for Identity, see Integrate with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
For information regarding investigation security alerts, see the security alert guide.
We recommend the tech community group for Defender for Identity. This resource provides direct responses from the Defender for Identity team in addition to the benefit of shared experiences and knowledge from other administrators and consultants.