Context. Create Database Method
Creates a database on the server.
public: void CreateDatabase();
public void CreateDatabase ();
member this.CreateDatabase : unit -> unit
Public Sub CreateDatabase ()
The following code shows how to set up a temporary database and then remove it.
if (!db.DatabaseExists()) db.CreateDatabase(); // … db.DeleteDatabase();
If Not db.DatabaseExists Then db.CreateDatabase() End If ' ... db.DeleteDatabase()
The name of the database is derived by using the following algorithm:
- If a database is identified in the connection string, its name is used.
- If a DatabaseAttribute attribute is present, its Name property is used as the name of the database.
- If there is no database tag in the connection string and a strongly typed DataContext is used, a database that has the same name as the DataContext inheriting class is created.
- If a weakly typed DataContext is used, an exception is thrown.
- If the DataContext has been created by using a file name, the database corresponding to that file name is created.