Create Sales Opportunities
You can create opportunities for the sales opportunities you have on your contacts. All opportunities must be assigned to a salesperson or purchaser and must have a contact.
You can create opportunities from the Opportunity List page. But you typically will create opportunities from the specific contact or salespeople.
Before you can create opportunities, you must set up opportunity sales cycles. For more information see Set Up Opportunity Sales Cycles and Stages.
To create an opportunity from a salesperson
- Choose the icon, enter Salespeople, and then choose the related link.
- Select the salesperson from the list for whom you want to create an opportunity.
- Choose the Opportunities action, and then choose List.
- Choose New, and then fill in the fields as relevant. Hover over a field to read a short description.
To create an opportunity from a contact
- Choose the icon, enter Contacts, and then choose the related link.
- Select the contact from the list for whom you want to create an opportunity.
- Do one of the following:
- Choose the Create Opportunity action.
- Choose the Opportunities action, and then choose New.
- Fill in the relevant fields.