Combine Shipments on a Single Invoice
If you want to invoice more than one shipment at a time, you can use the combined shipments feature.
Before you can create a combined shipment, more than one sales shipment for the same customer in the same currency must be posted. In other words, you must have filled in two or more sales orders and posted them as shipped, but not invoiced. To combine shipments, the Combine Shipments check box must be selected on the Shipping FastTab of the Customer card.
To manually combine shipments on a single invoice
Choose the icon, enter Sales Invoices, and then choose the related link.
Choose the New action. For more information, see Invoice Sales.
In the Sell-to Customer No. field, enter the customer who will receive the invoice for the shipped items.
On the Lines FastTab, choose the Get Shipment Lines action.
Select the shipment line that you want to include in the invoice:
- To insert all lines, select all lines and choose the OK button.
- To insert specific lines, select the lines and choose the OK button. You can use the Ctrl key to select multiple nonsequential lines.
If an incorrect shipment line was selected or you want to start over, you can simply delete the lines on the invoice and re-run the Get Shipment Lines function.
To post the invoice, choose the Post action.
To automatically combine shipments on a single invoice
- Choose the icon, enter Combine Shipments, and then choose the related link. The batch job request page opens.
- Fill in the fields as necessary. Hover over a field to read a short description.
- Select the Post Invoices check box.
- Choose the OK button.
You will need to manually post the invoices if the Post Invoices check box was not selected on the batch job.
To remove open sales orders after combined shipment posting
When shipments are combined on an invoice and posted, a posted sales invoice is created for the invoiced lines. The Quantity Invoiced field on the originating blanket sales order or sales order is updated based on the invoiced quantity.
When you invoice shipments in this way, the orders from which the shipments were posted still exist, even if they have been fully shipped and invoiced.
- Choose the icon, enter Delete Invoiced Sales Orders, and then select the link.
- Specify in the No. filter field which sales orders to delete.
- Choose the OK button.
Alternatively, delete individual sales orders manually.
Repeat steps 1 through 3 for any other affected documents, such as blanket sales orders.