Use managed devices to access work or school resources
Microsoft Intune is a device management system that lets organizations manage access to devices, apps, and email. Device management enables you, and other employees and students, to access your work information from virtually anywhere, on almost any device. Even when you're working remotely, you and your organization's information stays secure.
Microsoft Intune is the software your company uses to configure their security and device requirements. When you're ready to get your device managed, you'll use the Intune Company Portal app. With this app, you can use your preferred device to access work or school resources.
What information can my company see when I get my device managed?
After you're set up in the Company Portal, your company's support can only see information that's relevant to work. They cannot see your personal information. This is especially important to know if you're enrolling a personal device for use at work. Learn exactly what they can and can't see in the next article.
How do I get Company Portal?
Get Company Portal by either:
- Installing the Company Portal app on your device. You typically get the Company Portal app by going to the app store on your device, but your company support can also install the Company Portal app for you.
- Going to the Company Portal website that your company support set up.
What's the difference between the app and the website?
There are a few minor differences between the Company Portal app and the Company Portal website, but you can do most of the same tasks on both. Some tasks you can do are:
- Enroll your devices into management
- See the status of your devices
- Download recommended and required apps for your organization
- Rename your device
- Reset your device's PIN or password
- Contact your IT department for help
To see what you can do by using the Company Portal website versus what you can do by using the Company Portal app on your device, choose one of the following links:
- Using your Android device
- Using your iOS device
- Using your macOS device
- Using your Windows device
- Using the Company Portal website
What happens when you add a computer or device to the Company Portal?
When you add a computer or device to the Company Portal, some software might be installed or an app might be downloaded (depending on the device). You are also giving your company support permission to manage your device to help protect the company information on the device.
To learn about what your company support can and can't see on your device, use the link that matches the type of device you're using:
- Installing the Company Portal app for Android
- Installing the Company Portal app for iOS
- Installing the Company Portal app for macOS
- Installing the Company Portal app for Windows
What kind of computers or devices can you add to the Company Portal?
- Apple devices using iOS (such as iPhone and iPad) and macOS (such as MacBook and iMac)
- Android devices
- Windows devices
- Windows 10 Mobile
- Windows 10 Desktop
- Windows Phone 8.1
- Windows 8.1
Can you remove a computer or device from the Company Portal?
You can either remove or reset a computer or device from the Company Portal. There is a difference between remove and reset.
When you remove a computer or device from the Company Portal, you are unenrolling your device from Intune. Once you unenroll, you won’t be able to access the Company Portal from that device anymore, and some company data might be removed from your device. To see how to remove your device from the Company Portal, choose one of the following links:
- Unenrolling your Android device
- Unenrolling your iOS device
- Unenrolling your macOS device
- Unenrolling your Windows device
When you reset a computer or device, the Company Portal tries to reset your computer or device back the manufacturer’s default settings. Resetting your device removes all company and personal data from the device! If you have lost your device, you can also reset it remotely from the Company Portal website.
You can find out how to reset your device here:
What if I can't see my device in the Company Portal?
For you to be able to see a device, it must first be added to the Company Portal. Go to whichever Company Portal was recommended by your admin and follow the steps for your device. You also won’t see devices that are owned and managed by your company.
Where else can I go for help?
Microsoft recommends that you first try to see if you can fix your issue yourself. We provide a list of ways you can try to resolve issues you may run into for each platform that Intune supports.
- Fix common issues with your Android device
- Fix common issues with your iOS device
- Fix common issues with your macOS device
- Fix common issues with your Windows device
You can post a comment below to ask for help, but every organization has different requirements, so we may not always be able to answer your questions. Reaching out to your company support for help is likely to get you the quickest and most relevant response. Their contact information should be available on the Company Portal website.