Exam AZ-204: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure
Candidates for this exam are cloud developers who participate in all phases of development from requirements definition and design to development, deployment, and maintenance. They partner with cloud DBAs, cloud administrators, and clients to implement solutions.
Candidates should be proficient in Azure SDKs, data storage options, data connections, APIs, app authentication and authorization, compute, and container deployment, debugging, performance tuning, and monitoring.
Candidates should have 1-2 years professional development experience and experience with Microsoft Azure. They should be able to program in an Azure-supported language, and should be proficient using Azure CLI, Azure PowerShell, and other tools.
The English language version of this exam was updated on April 19, 2022. Please download the skills measured document below to see what changed.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
Related exams: none
Important: See detailsGo to Certification Dashboard
- The English language version of this exam was updated on April 19, 2022. Please download the exam skills outline below to see what changed.
- Develop Azure compute solutions (25-30%)
- Develop for Azure storage (15-20%)
- Implement Azure security (20-25%)
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize Azure solutions (15-20%)
- Connect to and consume Azure services and third-party services (15-20%)
Two ways to prepare
Azure developers design, build, test, and maintain cloud applications and services.