With Azure Synapse serverless SQL pool, you can leverage your SQL skills to explore and analyze data in files, without the need to load the data into a relational database.
After the completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Identify capabilities and use cases for serverless SQL pools in Azure Synapse Analytics
- Query CSV, JSON, and Parquet files using a serverless SQL pool
- Create external database objects in a serverless SQL pool
Consider completing the Explore data analytics in Azure and Get started querying with Transact-SQL learning paths before starting this module. You will need knowledge of:
- Analytical data workloads in Microsoft Azure
- Querying data with Transact-SQL