This project is an experimental release. We hope you try out Experimental Mobile Blazor Bindings and provide feedback at https://github.com/xamarin/MobileBlazorBindings.
Applications built using Mobile Blazor Bindings are constructed using UI components. UI components can come from the built-in libraries, 3rd parties, or you can write your own. To author custom components, refer to the Custom Components topic.
UI components are used by referencing them with standard Razor syntax. For example:
<SomeComponent Property1="value1" Property2="@variable2"> ... possibly some inner content ... </SomeComponent>>
To learn more about Blazor and Razor syntax, please refer to the References topic.
UI component categories
The built-in components can be divided into several broad categories:
- Pages. These components occupy all or most of a screen.
- Layouts. These components are containers for views and other layouts.
- Views. These components are user-interface objects such as labels, buttons, and sliders.
- Other specialized components, such as the Application object, Span (for formatted text), and menu items.
- Shell (including ShellContent, ShellGroupItem, ShellItem, FlyoutItem, TabBar, ShellSection, Tab)
Because the built-in UI components are based on Xamarin.Forms controls, you can refer to the Xamarin.Forms Controls Reference to learn more about how they work and their properties and events.