Advanced lookup capabilities for all users in model-driven Power Apps
|Enabled for||Public preview||Early access||General availability|
|Users, automatically||-||Jun 30, 2021||Oct 1, 2021|
Lookups are a core component of model-driven apps because they help you access underlying data relationships in Microsoft Dataverse. Advanced lookup capabilities help users be more productive with data-entry tasks by providing a better way to search and look up records within a context, as an intuitive extension of the simple lookup control in model-driven apps.
Searching for and looking up rows in model-driven apps on the web is easier with advanced lookup. Use the advanced lookup capabilities to drill into a form and easily sort rows, and switch between tables or views in a lookup column.
In addition to seeing results as you type, you can do the following:
- View more information per row to select the correct row easily.
- Switch views and sort on data to look up the correct row.
- Easily select multiple rows to a lookup field from the advanced lookup grid.
- Filter the rows to show only rows that you own.
- Explore data from advanced lookup without losing context.
All these capabilities are available for an admin to opt-in under the Advanced lookup toggle in Power Platform admin center. In 2021 release wave 2, this will be enabled by default for all users.
Manage behavior settings (docs)