If you'd like to see us expand this article with more information, such as potential use cases, alternative services, implementation considerations, or pricing guidance, let us know with GitHub Feedback!
Use Azure Bot Service with Language Understanding to build powerful enterprise bots for internal productivity. Enterprise bots streamline common employee tasks by bringing together data from external systems. Examples include data from Microsoft 365 calendar, customer cases stored in Dynamics CRM, and much more. This solution idea shows how you can architect an enterprise bot for employees tasks.
Download an SVG of this architecture.
- An employee accesses the enterprise bot.
- Azure Active Directory validates the employee's identity.
- The bot queries the employee's Microsoft 365 calendar via Microsoft Graph.
- Using data gathered from the calendar, the bot accesses case information in Dynamics CRM.
- Information is returned to the employee, who can filter the data without leaving the bot.
- Application Insights monitors the live application to diagnose issues and help understand how to improve bot performance and usability.
Key technologies used to implement this architecture:
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure Monitor: Application Insights is a feature of Azure Monitor.
- Azure App Service
- Azure Bot Service
- Azure Cognitive Services Speech Services
- Azure Cognitive Services QnA Maker
- Azure Cognitive Services Language Understanding
- Microsoft Graph
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- What are Azure Cognitive Services?
- What is the Speech service?
- What is QnA Maker?
- What is Language Understanding (LUIS)?
- Introduction to Bot Framework Composer
- What is Application Insights
- Overview of Microsoft Graph
Microsoft Learn modules:
- How to build a basic chatbot
- Build a bot with QnA Maker and Azure Bot Service
- Create Intelligent Bots with the Azure Bot Service
Azure Architecture Center overview articles:
- Artificial intelligence (AI) - Architectural overview
- Choosing a Azure Cognitive Services technology
Azure Architecture Center articles describing other chatbot architectures: