If you'd like to see us expand this article with more information, implementation details, pricing guidance, or code examples, let us know with GitHub Feedback!
Learn how Microsoft Azure can help accurately forecast spikes in demand for energy products and services to give your company a competitive advantage.
This solution is built on the Azure managed services: Azure Stream Analytics, Event Hubs, Azure Machine Learning, Azure SQL Database, Data Factory and Power BI. These services run in a high-availability environment, patched and supported, allowing you to focus on your solution instead of the environment they run in.
Download an SVG of this architecture.
- Azure Stream Analytics: Stream Analytics aggregates energy consumption data in near real-time to write to Power BI.
- Event Hubs ingests raw energy consumption data and passes it on to Stream Analytics.
- Azure Machine Learning: Machine Learning forecasts the energy demand of a particular region given the inputs received.
- Azure SQL Database: SQL Database stores the prediction results received from Azure Machine Learning. These results are then consumed in the Power BI dashboard.
- Data Factory handles orchestration and scheduling of the hourly model retraining.
- Power BI visualizes energy consumption data from Stream Analytics as well as predicted energy demand from SQL Database.