If you'd like to see us expand this article with more information, such as potential use cases, alternative services, implementation considerations, or pricing guidance, let us know with GitHub Feedback!
This solution idea shows how to deploy an e-commerce web site on Azure. The e-commerce web site is hosted on Azure Web App and uses Azure Cosmos DB as data store for product information and session state. Azure Search provides search functionality over diverse product catalogs, traffic spikes, and rapidly changing inventory.
Download an SVG of this architecture.
- The web application is hosted in an Azure Web App.
- The data (products and session state) gets stored in Azure Cosmos DB.
- Static content and product images are stored in an Azure Storage account.
- Azure Cognitive Search is used to search across all the products.
This architecture includes the following components:
- Azure Web App is used to host the e-commerce web application.
- Azure Cosmos DB stores the products and the session state.
- Azure Storage: Static product images and other static contents are stored in an Azure Storage account.
- Azure Cognitive Search provides a search capability over all the products.
Explore the related services:
- App Service overview
- Welcome to Azure Cosmos DB
- Introduction to the core Azure Storage services
- What is Azure Cognitive Search?
Explore related data architectures:
- Azure Data Architecture Guide
- Non-relational data and NoSQL
- Choose an analytical data store in Azure
- Choose a big data storage technology in Azure
- Understand data store models
- Choose a stream processing technology in Azure
Fully deployable architectures: