Adding a user in the Azure portal
Start the Add User Wizard
- Open your Azure Data Lake Analytics via https://portal.azure.com.
- Click Add User Wizard.
- In the Select user step, find the user you want to add. Click Select.
- the Select role step, pick Data Lake Analytics Developer. This role has the minimum set of permissions required to submit/monitor/manage U-SQL jobs. Assign to this role if the group is not intended for managing Azure services.
- In the Select catalog permissions step, select any additional databases that user will need access to. Read and Write Access to the default static database called "master" is required to submit jobs. When you are done, click OK.
- In the final step called Assign selected permissions review the changes the wizard will make. Click OK.
Configure ACLs for data folders
Grant "R-X" or "RWX", as needed, on folders containing input data and output data.
Optionally, add the user to the Azure Data Lake Storage Gen1 role Reader role.
- Find your Azure Data Lake Storage Gen1 account.
- Click on Users.
- Click Add.
- Select an Azure role to assign this group.
- Assign to Reader role. This role has the minimum set of permissions required to browse/manage data stored in ADLSGen1. Assign to this role if the Group is not intended for managing Azure services.
- Type in the name of the Group.
- Click OK.
Adding a user using PowerShell
- Follow the instructions in this guide: How to install and configure Azure PowerShell.
- Download the Add-AdlaJobUser.ps1 PowerShell script.
- Run the PowerShell script.
The sample command to give user access to submit jobs, view new job metadata, and view old metadata is:
Add-AdlaJobUser.ps1 -Account myadlsaccount -EntityToAdd 546e153e-0ecf-417b-ab7f-aa01ce4a7bff -EntityType User -FullReplication