This article describes how to set up a vault, and specify what you want to replicate from your on-premises location, to Azure using the Azure Site Recovery service in the Azure portal.
Post comments and questions at the bottom of this article, or on the Azure Recovery Services Forum.
Create a Recovery Services vault
- Sign in to the Azure portal > Site Recovery.
- Click New > Monitoring & Management > Backup and Site Recovery.
- In Name, specify a friendly name to identify the vault. If you have more than one subscription, select one of them.
- Create a resource group, or select an existing one. Specify an Azure region. To check supported regions, see geographic availability in Azure Site Recovery Pricing Details.
If you want to quickly access the vault from the dashboard, click Pin to dashboard and then click Create.
The new vault will appear on the Dashboard > All resources and on the main Recovery Services vaults blade.
Select a protection goal
Select what you want to replicate, and where you want to replicate to.
- Click Recovery Services vaults > vault.
- In the Resource Menu, click Site Recovery > Prepare Infrastructure > Protection goal.
- In Protection goal, select To Azure > Yes, with VMware vSphere Hypervisor.