Monitor app information and assignments with Microsoft Intune
Intune provides several ways to monitor the properties of apps that you manage and to manage app assignment status.
- Sign in to Intune.
- In the Intune pane, select Client apps.
- In the Manage section of the menu, select Apps.
- In the list of apps, select an app to monitor. You'll then see the app pane, which includes an overview of the device status and the user status.
Android Store apps that are deployed as Available do not report their installation status.
App overview pane
In the app pane, you can review details about the status of an app in your environment.
The Essentials section contains the following information about the app:
|Publisher||The publisher of the app.|
|Operating system||The app operating system (Windows, iOS, Android, and so on).|
|Created||The date and time when this revision was created. Note: This date value is updated when an IT admin changes app metadata, such as changing the app category or app description.|
|Assigned||Whether the app has been assigned (Yes or No).|
Device and user status graphs
The graphs show the number of apps for the following status:
|Installed||The number of apps installed.|
|Not Installed||The number of apps not installed.|
|Failed||The number of failed installations.|
|Install Pending||The number of apps that are in the process of being installed.|
|Not Applicable||The number of apps for which status is not applicable.|
The number of discovered apps may not match the app install status count. Possibilities for inconsistencies include:
- A targeting change of an installed managed app can cause the install count in the status blade to decrement, but remain reported in the detected apps.
- Targeting multiple instances of the same app in a tenant will result in different counts due to potential overlap of users or devices. Each instance of the app will count overlapping users, but discovered apps will have duplicated counts.
- Discovered apps and app status are collected at different time intervals, which could cause a discrepancy in the app counts.
Also, be aware that Android LOB apps (.APK) deployed as Available with or without enrollment only report app installation status for enrolled devices. App installation status is not available for devices that are not enrolled in Intune.
Device install status
A device status list is shown when you select Device install status in the Monitor section of the menu. The details table includes the following columns:
|Device name||The name of the device on platforms that allow naming a device. On other platforms, Intune creates a name from other properties. This attribute isn't available to any other device.|
|User name||The name of the user.|
|Platform||The operating system of the device (Windows, iOS, Android, and so on).|
|Version||The version number of the app. For line-of-business (LOB) apps and Microsoft Store for Business apps, the full version number of the app is shown. The full version number identifies a specific release of the app. The number appears as Version(Build). For example, 2.2(2.2.17560800). For standard Store apps, no versions are shown.|
|Status||The status of the app.|
|Status details||The details of the status.|
|Last check-in||The date of the device's last sync with Intune.|
User install status
A user status list is shown when you select User install status in the Monitor section of the menu. The details table includes the following columns:
|Name||The name of the user in Azure Active Directory.|
|User name||The unique name of the user.|
|Installations||The number of apps installed by the user.|
|Failures||The number of failed app installations for the user.|
|Not installed||The number of apps not installed by the user.|