Browse All Sessions
Successful AWS Sysops start this course with experience in operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, identity solutions, and networking. Specifically, students should have:
- A working knowledge of how to construct CLI commands, including using the help pages to determine appropriate parameters and command structure.
- Understanding of virtual network concepts, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, gateways, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of virtual machines, how they are used, and configuration options like CPU performance and disks.
- Understanding virtual storage concepts such as storage accounts, blobs, file shares, and disk types.
- Understanding of governance concepts, including role-based access control, identity management, and identity protection.
Module 1: Azure Administration
In this module, you’ll learn about the tools and principle concepts needed to administer Azure. Topics include: Resource Manager, Resource Groups, Azure Portal, Azure CLI, Azure Templates, Cloud Shell, Azure Marketplace, and Azure PowerShell.
Module 2: Azure Networking
In this module, you’ll learn about Azure networking features. Topics include: Azure Regions, Virtual Networks and Subnets, IP Addressing, Network Security Groups, Virtual Network Peering, VNet-to-VNet Connections, ExpressRoute, Load Balancers, and Network Watcher.
Module 3: Azure Compute
In this module, you’ll learn about configuring and monitoring Azure virtual machines. Topics include: Azure Virtual Machines, Creating Virtual Machines, Virtual Machine Sizes, Virtual Machine Disks, Availability Zones, Availability Sets, Windows VM Connections, Linux VM Connections, Azure Monitor, and Azure Alerts.
Module 4: Azure Storage
In this module, you’ll learn about Azure storage features and implementation. Topics include: Storage Accounts, Blob Storage, Blob Performance Tiers, File Shares, File Sync, Data Box, Content Delivery Network, Shared Access Signatures, and Service Endpoints.
Module 5: Azure Identity
In this module, you’ll learn about Azure identity solutions. Topics include: Azure Domains, Role-based Access Control, Azure Active Directory, Multi-Factor Authentication, Azure AD Identity Protection, and Azure Policy.