Creating a Q&A is similar to creating bookmarks. Q&A allows you to answer the user's question instead of just providing a link to webpage. You can format the answer in rich text using the available tools. If a Bookmark and a Q&A share the same keyword, the Bookmark result is shown first. Like Bookmarks, the Q&A index is refreshed immediately after a Q&A is added or changed.
Add or edit a single Q&A
- Go to Microsoft 365 admin center.
- In the navigation pane, go to Settings and select Microsoft Search.
- Select Q&A tab. By default, the first tab (Bookmarks) is selected.
- To add a Q&A, select Add new. To edit a Q&A, select the Q&A in the relevant Q&A list.
- As you add or edit the information, the preview automatically updates.
- Save your changes.
Supported HTML tags
You can use existing HTML content or add HTML tags to your answer (description). Unsupported tags are ignored.
The following HTML tags are supported:
- h1, h2, h3, and h4
- ol, ul, and li
- table, thead, tbody, tr, th, and td
Bulk add or edit Q&As
Administrators can use the Import and Export features to bulk create or edit Q&A. This is a useful feature when administrators need to add or edit a large number of Q&A.
Use the import/export feature to:
- Bulk add Q&A - Add details in the Q&A template file, and then import it.
- Bulk edit Q&A - Export Q&A to a .csv file, then edit the Q&A details in the exported .csv file, and then import the .csv file.
- Backup Q&A - Export Q&A to a .csv file.
To import or export Q&A:
- In the upper-right corner of the Q&A tab, select Import. Select Export to download all the existing Q&A in a .csv file.
- In the right pane, choose the option to import using a .csv file. Download the template file for a list of the required fields and details.
- Add or edit Q&A details in the template file and save it on your computer.
- In the Import Q&A pane, select Browse, and then the .csv file that you want to import.
- Select Import.
Here are some important points regarding the template file:
- Never edit data in these fields: Id, Last Modified, and Last Modified By
- If you include the Id of an existing bookmark, it will be replaced with the information in the import file.
- If there is an existing bookmark with the same title or URL, the bookmark will be updated with information in the import file.
- Not all fields in the template file are required and required fields vary depending on the bookmark state.
- Based on the State field, bookmarks will be saved as draft, suggested, scheduled, or they will be published automatically.
- For partners who manage multiple organizations, you can export your bookmarks from one org and import them into another. But you must remove the data in the Id column before you import.
Note: You cannot import Q&A if there are any errors in the template file. To prevent errors, make sure your import file is properly formatted and include all the required information.
For more information on how to prevent error, see Prevent import errors.