Creating a Q&A is similar to creating bookmarks. Q&As allow you to answer the user's questions instead of just providing a link to a webpage. You can also format the answer in rich text. If a bookmark and a Q&A share the same keyword, the bookmark result is shown first. Like bookmarks, the Q&A index is refreshed immediately after a Q&A is added or changed.
Add or edit a single Q&A
- Go to Microsoft 365 admin center.
- In the navigation pane, go to Settings > Microsoft Search > Answers > Q&A
- To add a Q&A, select Add new. To edit a Q&A, select the Q&A in the relevant Q&A list. As you add or edit the information, the preview automatically updates.
- Save your changes.
Supported HTML tags
You can use existing HTML content or add HTML tags to your answer (description). Unsupported tags are ignored.
The following HTML tags are supported:
- h1, h2, h3, and h4
- ol, ul, and li
- table, thead, tbody, tr, th, and td
Add or edit Q&As using browser extensions
Search administrators can create search content easily by using browser extensions. Install the browser extension, and then go to the site from which you want to generate a Q&A. You can then create the Q&A and include a link to the source site.
Currently, browser extensions are available for Microsoft Edge and Chrome.
- To download extensions for Edge (Legacy), go to Microsoft Store.
- To download extensions Chrome or Edge (Chromium), go to the Chrome web store.
Bulk add or edit Q&As
Administrators can use the Import and Export features to bulk create or edit Q&As.
Use the Import/Export feature to:
- Bulk add Q&As - Add details in the Q&A template file, and then import it.
- Bulk edit Q&As - Export Q&As to a .csv file, edit the Q&A details in the exported file, and then import the file.
- Back up Q&As - Export Q&As to a .csv file.
To import or export Q&As:
- In the upper-right corner of the Q&A tab, select Import. Select Export to download all the existing Q&As in a .csv file.
- In the right pane, select the option to import by using a .csv file. Download the template file to get a list of the required fields and details.
- Add or edit Q&A details in the template file, and save it on your computer.
- In the Import Q&A pane, select Browse, and then select the .csv file that you want to import.
- Select Import.
Important template file tips:
- Never edit data in these fields: Id, Last Modified, and Last Modified By
- If you include the Id of an existing bookmark, it will be replaced with the information in the import file.
- If there's an existing bookmark that has the same title or URL, the bookmark will be updated with information in the import file.
- Not all fields in the template file are required, and the required fields vary depending on the bookmark state.
- Based on the State field, bookmarks are saved as draft, suggested, or scheduled, or they are published automatically.
- For partners who manage multiple organizations: You can export your bookmarks from one org and import them into another. But you must remove the data in the Id column before you import.
You can't import Q&As if there are any errors in the template file. To prevent errors, make sure your import file is properly formatted, and include all the required information.
For more information about avoiding errors, see Prevent import errors.