Create a custom team template in Microsoft Teams
Custom templates are not yet supported for EDU customers.
A custom team template is a predefined team structure with a set of channels, tabs, and apps. You can develop a template that helps you create the right collaboration space quickly. Your custom team template uses your preferred settings.
To get started:
Log in to the Teams admin center.
In the left navigation, expand Teams > Team templates.
In the Team templates section, select Create a brand new template.
In the Template settings section, complete the following fields and then click Next:
- Template name
- Template short and long descriptions
- Locale visibility
In the channels, tabs, and apps section, add any channels and apps that your team needs.
- In the Channels section, click Add.
- In the Add dialog, name the channel.
- Add a description.
- Decide if the channel should be shown by default.
- Search for an app name that you want to add to the channel.
- Click Apply when finished.
- Click Submit when completed.
Your new template is displayed in the Team templates list. The template can be used to create a team in Teams.
It can take up to 24 hours for teams users to see a custom template in the gallery.