Turn on or turn off guest access to Microsoft Teams
By default, guest access is turned off. As the Microsoft 365 or Office 365 admin, you must turn on guest access for Teams before the admin or team owners can add guests. To turn on guest access, use the Guest access checklist.
After you turn on guest access, it may take a few hours for the changes to take effect. If a user sees the message "Contact your administrator" when they try to add a guest to their team, it's likely that either guest access hasn't been turned on or the settings aren't effective yet.
Turning on guest access depends on settings in Azure Active Directory, Microsoft 365 or Office 365, SharePoint Online, and Teams. For more information, see Authorize guest access in Teams.
Configure guest access in the Teams admin center
Sign in to the Microsoft Teams admin center.
Select Org-wide settings > Guest access.
Set Allow guest access in Microsoft Teams to On.
Under Calling, Meeting, and Messaging, select On or Off for each capability, depending on what you want to allow for guest users.
- Make private calls – Turn this setting On to allow guests to make peer-to-peer calls.
- Allow IP video - Turn this setting On to allow guests to use video in their calls and meetings.
- Screen sharing mode – This setting controls the availability of screen sharing for guest users.
- Turn this setting to Disabled to remove the ability for guests to share their screens in Teams.
- Turn this setting to Single application to allow sharing of individual applications.
- Turn this setting to Entire screen to allow complete screen sharing.
- Allow Meet Now – Turn this setting On to allow guests to use the Meet Now feature in Microsoft Teams.
- Edit sent messages - Turn this setting On to allow guests to edit messages they previously sent.
- Guests can delete sent messages – Turn this setting On to allow guests to delete messages they previously sent.
- Chat – Turn this setting On to give guests the ability to use chat in Teams.
- Use Giphys in conversations – Turn this setting On to allow guests to use Giphys in conversations. Giphy is an online database and search engine that allows users to search for and share animated GIF files. Each Giphy is assigned a content rating.
- Giphy content rating – Select a rating from the drop-down list:
- Allow all content - Guests will be able to insert all Giphys in chats, regardless of the content rating.
- Moderate - Guests will be able to insert Giphys in chats, but will be moderately restricted from adult content.
- Strict – Guests will be able to insert Giphys in chats, but will be restricted from inserting adult content.
- Use memes in conversations - Turn this setting On to allow guests to use Memes in conversations.
- Use Stickers in conversations – Turn this setting On to allow guests to use stickers in conversations.
Use PowerShell to turn guest access on or off
External access (federation) vs. guest access
External access (federation) and guest access are different:
- External access gives access permission to an entire domain.
- Guest access gives access permission to an individual.
For a detailed comparison, see Communicate with users from other organizations.