Language detection model
The prebuilt language detection model identifies the predominant language of a text document. The model analyses the text and returns the detected language and a numeric score between 0 and 1. Scores close to 1 indicate higher confidence in the result. The detected language is returned as the "script" of the language. For instance, for the phrase "I have a dog" it will return "en" instead of "en-US". The response for languages that can't be detected is unknown.
Use in Power Apps
Use the formula bar
You can integrate your AI Builder language detection models by using the formula bar. More information: Use formulas for text AI models (Preview)
Use in Power Automate
If you want to use this prebuilt model in Power Automate, you can find more information in Use language detection model in Power Automate.
Supported language and data format
- Documents can't exceed 5,120 characters.
- For information on language support, see Language and region support for the text analytics API.
If text is detected, the language detection model will output the following information:
- Results: A list of languages detected in the input text.
- Language: Script version of the language code (ex.: "en", "fr", "zh_chs", "ru")
- Score: Numeric value from 0 to 1 where values close to 1 indicate 100% confidence that the identified language is true