At my project we are migrating from one CSP to another. This means that we also have to migrate our APIM portals.
To do this I will use the Azure Powershell command "Backup-AzApiManagement" to create a backup to storage and restore this again on the new instance (with a different name in the new subscription) with the command "Restore-AzApiManagement".
This morning I started the backup, when I tried to access the developer portal I got a 404 not found. Apparently with the backup I triggered a restart:
Unavailable : Configuring (Customer Initiated)
At Friday, November 6, 2020, 11:21:01 AM GMT+1, the Azure monitoring system received the following information regarding your API Management service:
A configuration change is currently being applied to your API Management instance. A user-requested configuration change (e. g. setting up custom domains, virtual networks, moving resources or applying custom settings) is being applied and it requires restarting your instances.
- During a period of up to 45 minutes your service may be unavailable. If the service is not available after this period, please contact support .
- If you are experiencing problems you believe are caused by Azure, contact support
The APIM instance I am backing up is in the pricing tier "Developer (No SLA)", so I can imagine that this is the reason that the instance is restarting.
- Is it normal for APIM to restart when creating a backup?
- Is the restart depending on the pricing tier?
- Is this behavior somewhere documented?