question

Michael-6903 avatar image
0 Votes"
Michael-6903 asked ·

What causes errors 0x8007139F/0x80075214 to be logged in Install-WebApplicationProxy on Windows Server 2012R2?

I'm receiving the following 2 events resulting in failure of Install-WebApplicationProxy. Anyone know what causes them? I've tried removing and reinstalling several times.





The following error occurred when the user tried to execute a PowerShell or WMI command. Error: The operation stopped due to an unknown general error. Error code 0x80075214..



Details:

User: Administrator

Command: Set-WebApplicationProxyConfiguration

Parameters:








The following error occurred when the user tried to execute a PowerShell or WMI command. Error: The operation stopped due to an unknown general error. Error code 0x8007139F..



Details:

User: Administrator

Command: Get-WebApplicationProxyConfiguration

Parameters:







adfs
· 3
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 3.0 MiB each and 30.0 MiB total.

I have seen this when you add a Windows Server 2012 R2 WAP to a farm which already has a Windows Server 2016 WAP. Is that your case?

0 Votes 0 · ·

Yes, it was there at one time. I removed it (hopefully with Revoke-AdfsProxyTrust). I'm working with MS on a support case with Dynamics 365/CRM and WAP. I'm migrating from ADFS 2012R2/IIS to ADFS 2016/WAP. They told me this mixed mode of 2016/2012R2 is not supported (even at the 2012R2 farm level). So I'm replacing the 2016 server with a 2012R2 server to be a supported scenario for their case so I can get WAP working. I've had ADFS/CRM working for a long time--not with WAP but IIS on the ADFS server.


I'll eventually upgrade everything to 2016 ADFS/WAP when I'm sure everything is working at 2012R2.


0 Votes 0 · ·

It seems that when you add a 2016 WAP to a 2012R2 farm, and use it to publish an application it uses fields in the configuration file which are not understood by the 2012R2 WAP. As a result, they cannot parse it anymore. Maybe deleting all published apps from a 2016 WAP, and then adding a 2012R2 WAP back and re-create the publication might do the trick. I am not sure I have not tested, but it is also possible that some of those new field are still in the WAP config anyways... Worth a try maybe.

0 Votes 0 · ·

0 Answers