Hello! Can someone provide a general approach to meeting these requirements? I've spent a bit of time researching these various topics and attempting to implement solutions and I'm surprised at how much work is involved. Hopefully I'm missing something.
How do I invite consumer users to a B2C tenant so that they can authenticate into our application using their social accounts (ex: Personal Microsoft or Google accounts)? The only baked in solution on the Azure Portal I've found uses B2C local accounts. Note that I do not want to use a publicly accessible Sign Up flow.
- Presently I'm looking into a custom process that would work by inviting users to a 'local' b2c consumer account and then allowing the user to associate their social account with the local account.
Once users have authenticated (using MSAL v2 Auth Flow w/PKCE), I want to retrieve a list of permissions the user has for our application.
- I'm looking into two options here:
(1) use the auth token to verify user against an internal API that, in turn, makes a call to the Microsoft Graph API to get the user's group memberships.
(2) Create a custom claim that serves the same purpose as user groups
Administrative users of our application need to be able to invite additional users to the application.
- I've found some articles that point, again, to using custom policies.
Thank you very much!