question

BillLiteplo avatar image
0 Votes"
BillLiteplo asked ·

Sharepoint Online Enterprise Keywords removed after file property change

I have a term set defined as part of managed metadata which is linked to Enterprise Keywords as best as I can tell. It's set up as a folksonomy so that users can tag documents with multiple keywords. Upon using a new tag, they show up in the term store just under Keywords, but then I move them to my managed term set. This part seems to work fine. However, when I change the name of a file, all the enterprise keywords for that item get erased. I can look at the version history of the file and see that the keywords were there and get removed. The same thing happens when I change other custom properties for the item (have done with a custom managed metadata column as well as simple text based columns). When editing file properties in grid view, the keywords appear to still be there when changing the custom property, but when I exit grid view, they then disappear. If instead (in grid view) I change the custom property and then reassign the keywords by, say, copying them from another file with the same keywords, then when exiting grid view the keywords remain, so it appears to happen immediately upon making the first change, even if visually they aren't removed until I exit grid view. When editing properties through the details pane, the keywords disappear visually as soon as any property change is saved. This seems like a major bug but perhaps there's something wrong in my setup which is causing it. I can't expect general users to be conscious of this issue so unless it's fixed I imagine I will have keywords disappearing left and right once users start accessing the site.
- SharePoint Online
- I believe I have all admin permissions needed

office-sharepoint-online
· 1
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 3.0 MiB each and 30.0 MiB total.

I'm looking into your issue now and I will reply you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your understanding and patience :-)

0 Votes 0 ·
ElsieLu-MSFT avatar image
0 Votes"
ElsieLu-MSFT answered ·

Hi @BillLiteplo ,

Per my test,I cannot reproduce your issue in my end. To help better, would you like to let me know your steps? Is there any difference from mine? It would be better if there are screenshots or videos. :)
76271-4.gif


In addition,what is the scope of this issue? Does it only occur in this library or all the libraries?


If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and upvote it.

Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.


4.gif (709.7 KiB)
·
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 3.0 MiB each and 30.0 MiB total.

BillLiteplo avatar image
0 Votes"
BillLiteplo answered ·

Here are some videos to show my problem. Hope they show up correctly.

As to the scope, this is the only document library I'm managing and the only one I've added enterprise keywords to, so I can't comment if the problem is specific to this site/library or more general.

76474-edit-properties-3.gif

76501-edit-properties-1.gif

76464-edit-properties-2.gif



· 1 ·
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 3.0 MiB each and 30.0 MiB total.

Hi @BillLiteplo

Under normal circumstances, such problems will not occur. If possible, you could do a test in other libraries and ask the administrator if there are any background settings.
I would suggest you open a service request for more help.
76679-10.jpg

Thanks,
Elsie Lu


0 Votes 0 ·
10.jpg (33.5 KiB)